For Release: On Receipt
Contact: Shel Horowitz, 413-586-2388, firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @ShelHorowitz
New Green Marketing Book Racking Up Honors In First Few Weeks
HADLEY, MA, February 4, 2010: The newest book in the world of eco-friendly marketing has been racking up honors at an amazing pace.
After less than two weeks on the market, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green: Winning Strategies to Improve Your Profits and Your Planet, by Jay Conrad Levinson and Shel Horowitz (John Wiley & Sons, 2010) has successfully synthesized the disparate worlds of environmental activism and cutting-edge marketing—and has already been met with several honors:
- Rights to an Italian edition were sold to Francesco Brioschi Editore
- Rights to an English-language audiobook edition were purchased by Gildan Media Corp.
- In its first week, the book got to Number 10 in the Environmental category on Amazon.com (screenshot available)
- It was only the fifth book to be named an Indie Groundbreaking Book by Independent Publisher Magazine
- Went to press with more than 50 endorsements by prominent entrepreneurs, marketers, and environmentalists, as well as a Foreword from Stephen M.R. Covey, best-selling author of The Speed of Trust
- Primary author Shel Horowitz is giving a talk based on the book, Communicate the Value in Your Values and Turn it Into Sales: Effectively Marketing Your Social / Environmental Commitment in Davos, Switzerland next week
- Partnered with Green America to raise money for environmental causes
Jay Conrad Levinson released the first of more than 60 Guerrilla Marketing books in 1984, after a corporate marketing career that included being on the creative team that developed the Marlboro Man. A household name in the marketing world, hes sold more than 20,000,000 books.
Shel Horowitz has been both an environmental activist/organizer and a marketer since 1972 (as a 15-year-old high school student). A world-renowned marketing consultant and multiple-award-winning 8-time author, hes participated actively in major environmental and social change movements.
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green, ISBN 978-0-470-40951-0, $21.95 trade paperback, is available through all major online and physical bookstores. Endorsements, reviews, excerpts, and more can be seen at http://guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com/ (along with a bonus package worth over $2600, free with purchase from any qualified retailer).